The third wheel tends to be seen as a negative role, but it is actually an entertaining and prestigious position. The third wheel has the benefit of letting two great friends attend events without the pressure to look and act perfect for a significant other. There are a few times, however, when being the third wheel is a struggle. Valentine’s Day, of course, is a painful time for the third wheel, as is Halloween. Although Halloween is not a classically romantic holiday, couples costumes are becoming increasingly popular. While the third wheel’s best friends are busy planning the perfect Cinderella and Prince Charming costumes, the third wheel is left to wear something generic, terrifying or their pajamas while the stay home watching Netflix.
I, however, have chosen to embrace my distinguished role as third wheel with a wildly epic third wheel costume. There are a myriad of couples costumes that flood Pinterest and costume stores, but third wheel costumes are slightly less well known. Here are a few third wheel costumes that will blow away even the cutest of couple costumes:
- Salt, pepper and cumin
- Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear
- Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable and Rufus
- Lady and The Tramp… and their spaghetti
- Ron, Hermione and Harry
- William and Kate… and Williams brother Prince Harry
- Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie
- Elizabeth Swan, Will Turner and Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Anna, Kristoff and Sven (Frozen)
- Popeye, Olive Oil and a can of spinach
If these awesome costume ideas don’t convince everyone that being the third wheel is awesome, I don’t know what will.